Sunday, July 13, 2008

Week two of the show is over, to great audience feedback. The night before last I "sound just like Julie Andrews," and last night the Captain was "better than Christopher Plummer." Several people told us they're going to go home and watch the movie now.

I'm still job hunting everywhere I can, but no luck so far. Business in town is very slow, and people just aren't hiring. Two more hotels posted front desk opening, which I'll go apply for. But having worked front desk several times, usually they don't want to train someone for less than two months worth of work. We'll see.

I had my first batch of friends come into town and see Friday night's show. It was great to see both of them, and Tasha with her theatrical background can offer constructive comments about what works well. We had breakfast at the local coffee shop, then walked along the river until it was time for them to go. It was lovely to have friends here.

Today we run Act 2 of Kiss Me Kate. I've got to go brush up on lines in case they get to understudies today.

No comments: