Saturday, January 28, 2006

Two Major Developments

Two Major Developments

The first is, I'm finally being medically treated for insomnia. I haven't slept well since August, and now my doctor is going to try sleeping pills for a while. Last night I slept 6 hours before I woke up, and then another two, and I took a two hour nap after breakfast. Hopefully just sleeping through the night on a regular basis will aleviate some of the stress I've been under. Because we all know that none of us are capable of rational thought when exhausted.

In other news, I've applied for Grad School. No, I'm not going anywhere, it's an accredited online college. I've been looking at their program for two years, and they're offering a class again that I've really wanted to take. I've decided that I'm not going to pay any money out of pocket if I can help it, beyond my application fee, so I'll begin my first class when I win my first scholarship. I have my second one due on the 15th of February. I'm going to dual major, and my first class will be "C.S. Lewis, his writings and works." I've been looking at that class for ages, and the best part? I already have all of the required reading on my bookshelves. So no extra money there. And while, right now, I'm clearly in no shape to begin anything else, by being enrolled in their program I'm eligable for more scholarships than I would be otherwise. We'll see where this goes.

No comments: