Friday, July 11, 2003

So, the saga of finding the hospital. I decided to do a test drive last night, first of all because I'm staying 45 minutes south of the place, and secondly because I couldn't get ahold of Stacey to find out if she'd checked in before the surgery or not. So we looked on the map, and there it was -- very simple, right between three intersecting highways, in what looked like a four block square section of town. OH no. That would be too easy. I took the exit that I was told to, and wound up in the ghetto. L.A. ghetto is no laughing matter. So I started driving like a crazy woman until I wound up a mile north in some very expensive houses. I stopped a well dressed man walking three rediculously pampered dogs and asked directions to the hospital. It was two miles away. In Beverly Hills. I knew I was getting close by the kosher Thai restaurants on the corner. I finally found the hospital, 2 and a half hours later, but at least I wasn't lost this morning trying to get here at the crack of dawn.

No comments: