Friday, July 11, 2003

I'm in L.A. this weekend. A friend of mine was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and went in for surgery this morning. She made it through alright, and will spend a week in the hospital recovering. After that she'll be doing some rather nasty bits of chemotherapy, but they seem to think that even though the tumors were big, they caught it before it had time to spread elsewhere. I was at the hospital at just before 7am this morning, and there until noon. People need to write longer books. I finished my new one in 2 hours. Should have brought along Harry Potter. I'm going to be in L.A. until tuesday-ish, visiting Stacey in the hospital, and then I hope to come back down once a week or so to visit. Sucks to have one's life put on hold like that. She's only 34.

No comments: