Monday, September 29, 2008

Today I went to the filming to be an extra. When I got there, a little early, they put me in a trailer and had me fill out paperwork. Then they said, "Alright, let's get you to wardrobe and makeup. Oh. Here are some sides for you."

Sides. What do I need sides for. I'm just in the background. Oh, holy crap - I'm a featured extra! I don't have lines, but we have a whole SCENE with the lead.

I went to wardrobe, and got put into a beautiful pink blouse with a ruffled high neck collar treatment, and promptly got lip gloss on it when it was pulled over my head. "You're a costumer. You should know better. Next time put your lips together." I felt so bad - they had to go a different direction.

I spent half an hour in makeup, and 20 minutes of that was on my eyeshadow. Quote of the day: "Oh, we've got to make her look younger!" Quite the shock after getting told all summer how young I looked. But the guy playing the other half of my "young couple" is in college. They used my ring for my engagement ring.

We blocked the scene before lunch, ate, then the filming itself took about an hour for three setups. Six takes. And the lead actress was Cambodian - so we had a few sentence conversation in Khmer.

What a great way to spend a day! And craft services was excellent...I had red vines.

No comments: