Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's a very religious day in Seattle today.

My bus was filled with people dressed up like proper Asian Buddhists for the appearance of the Dalai Lhama. Which I understand if you're of Asian descent and can conceivably worship in an ultra conservative wat-esque way. I was trying very hard on the bus not to judge the obviously western caucasian people dressed the same way, but then I went to my favorite chocolate shop, and I mentioned the costumes, and she said, "Were they white?" I said "Thank you! I know, right?" (I haven't been to enough Christian conferences to know for sure, but I don't recall anyone dressing like a biblical disciple, or a Catholic Priest or whatever to show solidarity - although we do wear enough Jesus t-shirts, wristbands, hats, and bumper stickers to be equally silly-looking in my mind).

I digress.

On the bus ride back the Christians were picketing the Christian Scientist building.

No comments: