Saturday, April 01, 2006

Very Tired

Very Tired.

Got off work after 1:30. Weather bad on pass, so drive took longer than usual. Plus, there were deer in the road.

Worked 8.5 hours today cocktailing. And really drunk people are the worst tippers imaginable due to the inability to multiply out 20%. Or at least 15%. One person, and I'm not even exaggerating, gave me a 4% tip. He handed me $40 on a 38.25 tab and magnanimously allowed me to "keep the change." The night wasn't a total waste. I made $85. Could have made a little more though. And since my tip money is all that is paying the bills right now, I need every bit I can get.

I'm sure I realised this before, but Bridget Jones: the edge of reason is not Pride and Prejudice like the first one, but Persuasion. Someday, when I'm not so tired that I may be incapable of taking out my contacts, I'll analyse this further.

No comments: