Monday, March 27, 2006

More Adventures

More Adventures

So my big accomplishment this week? Flooding the downstairs of my parents' house. I put a sweater in the sink in the laundry room to soak, left the water running and forgot about it. 20 minutes of a nap later, I awoke to Mom screaming. The basement was under an inch of water in four rooms and the hallway. Dad grabbed the shop vac, the rest of us various carpet cleaners. My job was unloading the furnace room and keeping the water that was flowing that direction from making it into Mom's sewing room. Allie's bedroom got the worst of it. The other two rooms were tile floored. So her room is ripped to pieces with the carpet up and the hallway is still drying.

On the plus side, Dad is more than ready for me to move out now. All part of the master plan...

No comments: