Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I have very little to blog about...but five posts away from my 700th blog, so I'm filling up space. I popped over to this site courtesy of the Elfin Ethicist. The site is "what if LOTR was written by someone else." I really like the Douglas Adams examples, Jane Austin, and C.S. Lewis. The Dickens one is very clever. And this one:

Friends: The One with the Ring.


by AckThud


Frodo Bing: Could we BE in any more peril? Mt. Doom is SO much further than Tulsa!


JoeWise: Don't worry, Mr. Frodo, I'm sure it'll be fine, so long as they have sandwiches there. Besides, we got this guide helping out here. Hey, How you doin'?


SmeaGellar: Um, ittttt burnsssssssssssss, like, I could help, but um.....there's this thing...my precioussssssssss...I, uhhhhh.....


Frodo Bing: Could you FORM a complete sentence?


Elsewhere:


Tom Phoebedil:


SmeaGellar, SmeaGellar,
Why are they torturing you?



SmeaGellar, SmeaGellar,
It's not your fau-au-aullllt!!!!

Oh,and this one..


Gilbert and Sullivan


by Zanzibar


I am the very model of the modern magus Mithrandir

I fought the Balrog in the chasm and was his extinguisher

I know who is the king to be and all Middle Earth's history

As well as all the lin-e-age that makes up Strider's ancestry

I ride upon the mearas that is known to you as Shadowfax

And fight Saruman's tyranny by leading Rohan in attacks

For guidance information about messing with a palantír

I am the very model of the modern magus Mithrandir


No comments: