Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Brains draining away

Someone.....help....

Wendy's family is out of town for the next two days packing up the house they just sold. So I was given the keys to the place and unlimited use of a computer. I've been online for hours. I was on for four hours this morning, and it's after midnight now. In my defense (because surely no one who reads this blog has ever spent too much time online before) I haven't had internet connection of my own in over a year. I will be so glad to move into a place where I can enjoy my occasional addiction. I've missed browsing the movie goofs pages, and having ages to look up links to my blog. Boy, this might explain why I've had more dates this year than in my entire college life combined (three, if you MUST know -- and college had extenuating circumstances).

What am I whiling away my evening reading? Um. Buffy scripts. Isn't there any way to make that smaller? My sister bought the ENTIRE season six and we had ourselves a marathon. I never watched Buffy until she bought season five. I read studiously through the first ten episodes. By the twelfth I was catching the occasional scene. I was suckered into the 16th, and then I watched the rest. And there is a LOT of Spike in season six. He's my favorite. Help me, I've inadvertently joined thousands of screaming pre-teens. But his characterization is amazing. Especially in one episode that goes through his entire lifespan as a vamp. Very nice transitions. I'm going to have to watch House on Haunted Hill again. He played "Camera man #3." Lucky guy -- a real number. Which is more than I can say for myself.

Really I'm trying to numb out the suspense of waiting for these directors to get back to me. It'll all be old hat after a while, but this is my first round of casting calls. I'll know by the end of the week. I've been slightly nauseous for several days.

No comments: