Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Where did everyone go? I know I've been gone for a while and all.....! I even signed on to IM tonight, and nobody was online. very sad.

I'm back in LA again until tomorrow afternoon. Stacey starts chemo tomorrow morning. blech. They're determined to get this all over and done with. Seems early to be putting her barely functioning body through chemo within days of surgery, but then, what do I know? I have to work tomorrow night. My cat is going to be very very mad at my teasing by coming home for two evenings and then leaving again. Hopefully she'll still like me when I get back...

I'm in a design phase these days. I came home sunday night, and decided that I needed a new top. Something like a top I'd seen in Beverly Hills, but cuter. So, I made it. It's a strapless cropped bodice with three buttons on the back. Down the front I cut four streamers of the see through fabric that I'd used on the top (lined with a solid fabric, of course, so as not to be indecent). So the top is slightly backless, with streamers down the front. Got very good reviews today walking the mile from the hospital to the farmer's market. Took that as a good sign. Designed two more tops and one dress this afternoon. I can't say, after looking around at all the shops, that I'm very impressed with anything out there mainstream. It all looks the same. Anthropologie has some great fabrics treatments and embroidery, but it's so freaking expensive! I love that the 50's looks are coming back! YAY!!!!!! I'm thinking of designing my fall wardrobe around full knee-length skirts using vintage 30's fabric prints. Will that be cute or what?! With a white blouse and a sweater maybe. And I think it's time for folded-up-jeans-turned-capris again. With bright colored keds and boat neck tops. Oh yes. Very excited about my fall line up here.......hmmmm maybe should consider a second career....

No comments: