Wednesday, May 28, 2003

I went to the Alisal bar last night to catch up with Bill, the pianist on tuesday (and wednesday?) nights. He's playing for me on my two gigs this weekend, one for the republican Women's fund raiser thingy, and one for the PCPA. I'm really really really excited about singing for people. Maybe they'll decide to help further my career along as a tax write off -- whatever. Rich people are the cheapest people alive. Anyway, I started rehearsing, and some people came in. I remembered them from last year. They found out I sing and requested that I thrill their daughter with 10 bars from Oklahoma! I did. This year I sang for them. They're so nice. They actually tipped me. Isn't that a change for the better? now if only the rest of the people I sang for would do the same....wouldn't that be great? Nah, they consider me an oddity -- amply paid for my singing by my wages as a cocktail waitress....go figure....

No comments: