Thursday, November 14, 2002

Success!!!! I have survived day one of the book hunt....oh it was a thrilling race -- hundreds of people stood in line eying their maps and picking their gameplan. Upon entering the building I fought off the little kiddies in the children's section, then dashed to the antique books, and made a beeline for the religion section. Somehow people were much politer there -- "Who was looking for latin? I found one!" We had quite a choreographed dance going, with people heading both directions, weaving around each other -- it was an 18th century line dance around a table, with nearly as much small talk. I found myself between a young seminarian and a pastor grappling for the new testament commentaries, and darting in between for Catherine Marshall. C.S. Lewis was not to be found, but I did find "God uses Cracked Pots" by Patsy Clairmont. I won't bore you with a complete total -- actually, yes I will. This is my blog and I want a record before I head back on sunday for the "everything-you-can-stuff-in-a-bag-for-$5" sale.


1. A Wrinkle in Time -- Madeline L'Engle


2. Peter Pan -- J.M. Barry


3. Wolf by the Ears -- Ann Rinaldi


4.Daddy Long Legs -- Jean Webster


5.Saddle Club Book #14 (for my sister)


6.Matilda -- Roald Dahl


7. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle -- Betty MacDonald


8. Hello, Mrs. Piggle-WIggle -- Betty MacDonald


9 The bells of Heaven, the story of Joan of Arc -- Bick


10. Something More -- Catherine Marshall


11. Adventures in Prayer -- Catherine Marshall


12. To live again -- Catherine Marshall


13. The Helper -- Catherine Marshall


14. Beyond Ourselves -- Catherine Marshall


15. God Uses Cracked Pots/ Normal is just a setting on your dryer/Under his wings -- Patsy Clairmont


16. Navpress bible study on 1,2,3 John


17. Navpress study on Colossians and Philemon


18.Navpress study on Proverbs


19. Navpress study on Joshua


20. Emily Post's book on Etiquette


21. Is there life after Housecleaning -- Don Aslett (hoping to be inspired)


22. Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew


23,24., Commentary on the Gospel of Mark 1&2


25. Commentary on the Gospel of Luke


26,27., Commentary on the Gospel of John 1&2


28. Do-it-yourself needlepoint


29. Making Sunday Special -- Karen Mains


30. A Present Day Challenge to Prayer -- copyright 1922


31. Kept for the Masters Use -- Havergal, copyright 1908


32. Jubilate Deo -- Hymnbook copyright 1900



So that's it -- that's all. Now I just need to go find room on my shelves for them all

No comments: