Thursday, August 15, 2002

So, 7 more hours shoveling out the antique shop. Now they've decided to replace the whole carpet..so we have to pack up everything. Every nicnack, every dish, ever dumb vase and lamp. Don't get me wrong..they're wonderful vases and lamps -- but not when you have to pack everyone of them in individual bubble wrap. At 4 I decided that I'd had enough and was going home. This evening I sang for the last time at the Fess Parker soiree. I sang three songs. Cheryl Ladd was there (I didn't tell her I was wearing her suit) and sang two...Marcy (Parker) of course was wonderful. She has the lowest voice I've ever heard on a woman. she knows some former broadway singer that is from texas and asked that I'd leave my information so she could send it to whoever her contact is. She told me that if I ever need anything, to give them a call. Cheryl Ladd said I was wonderful. It was fun -- and I sang "I enjoy being a girl" just for Bill, since it's his favorite...a good ending to my stay here. Only a few more days. now I'm going to bed. I don't know what they put in my daquiri -- but it was way too much for one glass...and I have to be at the store to pack at 10 tomorrow...Night!

No comments: