Friday, May 31, 2002

I hate pretentious people. I work at a very posh "guest ranch" -- AKA a 5 star resort with a country theme. I wait on people with enough money to casually throw down $300 for wine (not to mention a $34 a plate meal for a party of 10 -- just put it on my bill). I don't mind that they have money, but I hate getting "summoned." I had a 12-year-old boy summoned me yesterday. With two fingers. Beckoned me over and casually ordered (carefully looking through me, not at me) a Shirley Temple, and could that please come with the meal. I said yes of course and will there be anything else sir. Tonight he prefered a Pepsi. With a cherry. And could he please have one now, and one with his meal. I brought it when his salad arrived and had to set it aside. Then when the meal came he had to have a fresh one. He's the sort of person who will star on Frasier someday.

No comments: